Thursday, October 3, 2013

Birthdays Everyday

It seems that a lot of my friends and family members are having birthdays this week, including me!  Mine was Sunday and I had a great day.  The weather was gorgeous and David treated me to blueberry pancakes for breakfast and a yummy steak dinner for supper.  I received many cards in the mail and wishes on Facebook.  I do thank you all and appreciate you thinking of me on my special day.  So, in return I created a birthday card to send to each of you via cyberspace.  I hope you like it.


I used the Freshly Made Sketch 106 to create this beauty.  And, I used some of my new "toys".  I just love the Flower Shop stamp set and matching punch from Stampin' Up.  I stamped and punched the
flower image three times in pumpkin pie, rich razzleberry, and tempting turquoise.  I added a daffodil delight brad to the center of each flower to help tie in the strip of dp.  Another new "toy" I used is the large scallop edgelit.  I paper pierced the scallops to fancy it up a bit.  My background dp is from Twitterpated.  The sentiment comes from Teeny Tiny Wishes and I punched that out with the word window punch and layered it on a punched piece of rich razzleberry cs using the modern label punch.  The paper doily and ribbon give it just the right amount of girlyness, I think.

Well, that's about it for today.  I hope everyone has a wonderful day, even if it's not your birthday.  Celebrate anyway.  Life is short.  We need to learn to enjoy it more.  Hopefully I will be back tomorrow with some Christmas cards to share.  Yes, I said Christmas cards.  It's never too early to start preparing for the upcoming holidays.

Till then,
Mary

4 comments:

  1. This is a really pretty card! And Happy Belated Birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeanette. Glad you like my card and thanks for the belated birthday wishes. Thanks for visiting my blog. Come back soon.

      Mary

      Delete
  2. Beautiful card Mary! And Happy Birthday to You! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely combination of colors! I'm glad you had such a wonderful birthday. :) Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete