Sunday, August 11, 2013

SURPRISE!!!! I'm back

Hello and surprise.  It has been a long time since our last post.   We have had so many life changing events in our lives since Nov. 2011.  Some of them good, some not so good.  I guess the biggest life changer for us all came when my sweet beautiful niece, Robin, was diagnosed with advanced Lyme Disease.  She had been ill for a long time but we didn't really know why she was having pain attacks.  Now we know and she has been on an intensive treatment regimen.  Due to her health, Robin has not been able to craft much lately.  And, due to the intensive treatment, my sister, Laura, has had to quit her part time job and devote all her time to taking care of Robin.  Needless to say, Laura has not had much time for MD Designs.

As for me, I held out hope that Robin's health would start to improve and we would once again be able to meet for our fun stamping weekends and participate in craft shows together.  Now as the craft show season nears for another year, it is clear that Laura and Robin will not be able to participate.  After much thought about this, I have decided to try to keep MD Designs going on my own.  My daughter, Riley, just had a precious baby girl (one other life changing event, but a good one) and I know she will be too busy to help out much.  But she may be able to help some, so I'm going to try it.  My wonderful husband, David, helped me out last Fall when Laura had to back out of our shows.  He also helped me out this past weekend at a show which, by the way, was a flop for me. It left me feeling very discouraged and I actually thought about just hanging it up.  But I so enjoy creating things with my stamps and paper.  I just can't let it go.  I know that even though the others can't help me out with creating and selling, they will support me emotionally and spiritually.  I'm going to try to not depend on David to help me so much with the shows, but he doesn't seem to mind.   David thinks we need to change our name from Mother/Daughter designs to Mary/David Designs.  Not going to happen.  Sorry, David.  I hope this will be a temporary situation and Laura, Robin, and Riley will be able to rejoin the team soon.  I really miss stamping and crafting with them.

My goal is to start blogging more often.  Maybe even daily.  I want to show you some things that I created for my last show (that didn't sell).  If you see something that you like and want to make a purchase, just message me and we'll figure out how to make that happen.

Let's start with these cuties.

 
I used the dress framelit from Stampin' Up to create these little hand sanitizer holders.  They were so fun to make and turned out so cute.  I'm selling these for $3.00 each.  Let me know if you're interested.

 Till tomorrow, or next time,
Mary

P.S.  Robin has been trying to blog about her experiences with Lyme and she has created an Etsy shop.  They are both called The Rounded Corner.  Check them out sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment